10 percent of Ferrari will be sold to the public, remaining shares will go to FCA shareholders

Article by Christian Andrei, on October 29, 2014

According to the latest reports, it appears that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV plans to sell 10 percent of Ferrari shares, while the rest of 90 percent will be give to its own shareholders. Chrysler officially announced that the separation will be completed next year and Ferrari shares will be listed in the United States and possibly in Europe.

The official press release said that Ferrari and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV plans need to pursue separate paths.

As you may know already, this news comes after former chairman Luca Cordero di Montezemolo stepped down from Ferrari and replaced by Sergio Marchionne. Several reports said that Luca Cordero di Montezemolo had a clash with Marchionne over strategy.

"I am delighted to have taken this additional step in the development of FCA. Coupled with the recent listing of FCA shares on the NYSE, the separation of Ferrari will preserve the cherished Italian heritage and unique position of the Ferrari business and allow FCA shareholders to continue to benefit from the substantial value inherent in this business" said John Elkann, Chairman of FCA.

FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne added. "Following our acquisition of the minority interest in Chrysler earlier this year, the transformation of Fiat and Chrysler into FCA was completed earlier this month with our debut on the New York Stock Exchange. As we move forward to secure the 2014-2018 Business Plan and work toward maximizing the value of our businesses to our shareholders, it is proper that we pursue separate paths for FCA and Ferrari," Marchionne continued, "The Board supports management's determination that this transaction represents FCA's best course of action to support the long term success of the Group while at the same time substantially strengthening FCA's capital base."

Topics: ferrari, ipo

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Login or Create new account to add a comment!

Recommended

Remember Zenos Cars, a British carmaker that specializes in designing and building lightweight and high-performance sports cars? If you are wondering how the company is faring with their E10 lightweight...
by - January 21, 2017
Mercedes-Benz has revealed that in 2017, its series 124 coupé will be celebrating its 30th anniversary. While this itself is a significant event, it will also mean that this model...
by - January 21, 2017
BMW’s 550i xDrive has long been considered as one of the most successful business sedans in the world. For the brand, this may not be enough as it has officially...
by - January 20, 2017
Amazon is now moving beyond the four corners of online retailing. Only recently, the retail giant has been awarded a patent for its Road Network system. Since the patented technology...
by - January 20, 2017
The newest version of the Lamborghini Huracan is not a Superleggera, but a Performante. When Lamborghini filed for a patent for a new name, there were still debates whether this...
by - January 20, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries