AutoNation bests China Grand Automotive on sales revenues in 2011

Article by Anita Panait, on May 22, 2012

China Grand Automotive has bested Pang Da Automobile in 2011 to become China’s number one dealership group in terms of revenue. It is quite interesting to compare the largest dealership group in China, having 400 franchised dealerships selling 40 brands, with the number one auto retailer in the United States, AutoNation.

In terms of vehicle sales, China Grand has the upper hand, selling 412,000 new and used vehicles in 2011, according to the China Automobile Dealers Association. It is assumed that majority of the vehicles sold by China Grand were new units. AutoNation, meanwhile, sold around 17,000 less vehicles than China Grand.

The largest dealership group in the US sold 224,034 new vehicles and 171,094 used units in 2011, for a total of 395,128 vehicles. However, AutoNation has the edge in revenues, earning around $13.8 billion in 2011. China Grand, meanwhile, earned around 64.1 billion yuan, equivalent to around $10.1 billion.

 The China Automobile Dealers Association shed light on the disparity in revenue between the two dealerships, saying that new-car sales account for nearly 90 percent of earnings of China's largest dealerships, while used cars, finance and insurance, and service account for the remaining 10 percent. US-based dealership groups, meanwhile, are bound to profit more since other parts of the business -- aside from new car sales – also contribute to the overall revenue. [source: Autonews]

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Login or Create new account to add a comment!

Recommended

Nikola Motor’s hydrogen-powered semi-trailer truck is highly appealing with its many advancements but don’t expect it to arrive in the near future. In November 2016, Toyota announced the possibility of...
by - December 5, 2016
Usually, it is up to resourceful spy photographers to take clear pictures of vehicle prototypes, especially those that have aroused a lot of interest. The same is true for Project...
by - December 5, 2016
The much-anticipated debut of the new Wrangler will surely happen. As it approaches, we’ve gathered all the latest information released so far. Of course, most are expecting that the next...
by - December 5, 2016
Nissan has announced the pricing for its new commercial pickup line. So for those who have been waiting for Nissan’s official price list (plus a little more info), read on… ...
by - December 5, 2016
Sorry folks, the AMG-fied Mercedes-Benz X-Class will remain in the fantasy world. According to some news, the AMG big boss has finally spoken up about why an AMG X-Class is...
by - December 5, 2016
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries