Ferrari is worth as much as 12 billion euros, says Sergio Marchionne

Article by Christian Andrei, on November 3, 2014

According to Ferrari’s new chairman Sergio Marchionne, the Italian Prancing Horse is worth as much as 12 billion euros. However, other people think that Ferrari isn’t worth that much and that 5 billion euros is the proper number. Still, Sergio Marchionne says that Ferrari’s value should be calculated with the same formula used for luxury goods companies.

For those who don’t know, the formula used for luxury goods companies is nine to 12 times earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBIDTA). Using the formula for Ferrari’s 65- million euro EBIDTA for 2013, Ferrari is worth between 5.85 billion and 7.8 billion euros.

In order to obtain 12 billion euros, Marchionne forsees company’s EBIDTA to 1 billion euros. The bad news is that Sergio Marchionne is the only person who says that Ferrari has a value of 12 billion euros.

For example, Barclay Research’s Christina Church says that Ferrari should be considered half luxury carmaker and half luxury goods maker, which results in a value of 8.7 billion euros.

Banca Akros’s Gabriele Gambarova says that Ferrari has a value of 7.2 billion euros while Mediobanca’s Massimo Vecchio believes the value is 8.6 bllion euros.

As you may know already, last week Fiat Chrysler announced that it will spin off 90 percent stake in Ferrari and that it will sell to the public the rest of 10 percent. [source: automotive news - sub. required]

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Login or Create new account to add a comment!

Recommended

Nearly all details have been set with regards to the upcoming market introduction of the new Jaguar I-Pace. Its production version was recently previewed at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto...
by - December 8, 2016
WM Motor, a new China-based automaker, recently revealed its forthcoming lineup consisting of affordable electric vehicles. While there is a company is the U.S. that has the same name, they...
by - December 8, 2016
Even when Aston Martin has been mum about the upcoming AM-RB 001 hypercar, Marek Reichman at least has something new to say. In a recent interview with Australia’s Motoring, the...
by - December 8, 2016
The people at Mercedes-Benz are rejoicing. This is simply because for the first time since 1979, Mercedes-Benz has assembled 20,000 – and still counting – examples of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class....
by - December 8, 2016
When Donkervoort Automobielen BV unveiled its Donkervoort D8 GTO-RS limited edition in May 2016, customer interest has been so overwhelming that the Lelystad, Netherlands-based carmaker sold out this one-of-a-kind vehicle...
by - December 8, 2016
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries