Ford sells over 200,000 F-150s powered by the EcoBoost V6 engine

Article by Christian A., on August 27, 2012

Since Ford introduced its F-150s with the 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V-6 engine in 2011, more than 200,000 units have been sold. This firmly puts a stop to doubts raised when it was first revealed that Ford will offer an EcoBoost engine for the F-150 full-size pickup truck as a substitute to the V-8.

Furthermore, Ford boasts that its EcoBoost V-6s made up 43% of F-150 sales as of July. Ford’s sales of V-6-powered F-150s exceed the figures for the V-8-equipped units. In fact, the base 3.7-liter V-6 made up 11% of all F-150 sales, raising the total V-6 take rate to 54%.

Ford’s two eight-cylinder engines – the 5.0-liter and 6.2-liter V-8 – comprise 46% of F-150 sales. The F-150 uses the 6.2-liter V-8 as its premium engine, suggesting that the 5.0-liter Coyote V-8 makes up most of the 46% figure.

Ford’s rivals have also been busy. The 2013 Ram 1500 will soon be launched with an available eight-speed automatic transmission and 3.6-liter V-6. Meanwhile, the redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Silverado will probably be offered with updated powertrains to challenge Ford’s V-6s and V-8s. It’s also interesting to note where the EcoBoost-equipped F-150s are being sold.

Ford did particularly well at the Texas market. When broken by region, Denver is at the top. It is trailed by Minneapolis-St. Paul, Seattle, and New York. Ford spokesman Mike Levine was asked how future trucks will be affected by the success of the EcoBoost V-6 in the F-150. He would only say that EcoBoost engines will have a more central role in it its strategy to give powerful and efficient vehicles to its customers.

Along with professionals and leaders in the field of agriculture, Ford Motor Company celebrates the launching of the brand-new 2013 Ford F-150. The model is part of a very successful line of pickups in the United States when it comes to sales.

Ford president, Mark Fields said that the company will do its best to guarantee quality with their industry-leading trucks. The 2013 F-150 shows Ford’s commitment to keep on improving their vehicles with innovative features and potentials for F-Series users to be more productive.

The 2013 Ford F-150 was given a fresh front-end style and advanced technologies like high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and the MyFord Touch that goes with driver controls that are voice activated.

FFA sponsor board member and Ford Truck group marketing manager, Doug Scott said that farm families always show a huge amount of support to F-Series truck. This type of customers uses Ford pickup for economic livelihood and family transportation. Similar with FFA, Ford pickups are continuing wuth agricultural tradition and the company is pleased to collaborate with them in launching the new F-150 models.

America's pickup

Advanced technologies and updated designs are persistently promoted by the most fuel-efficient and high potential light-duty pickup trucks on the market. The accessibility of the unprecedented EcoBoost engine, powerful 6.2-liter V8, electronic-locking rear axle and Hill Descent Control on the latest Limited luxury model add more depth to the Ford F-150’s extensive lineup.

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

Polestar is notably known to be Volvo's internal performance specialists, and around last year Polestar revealed to the public that it will utilize electrification to further advance the power of...
by - June 26, 2017
Earlier this month, Porsche introduced to us the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series. The car wore a Golden Yellow Metallic paint. The same time it was launched, the company said...
by - June 26, 2017
Last month, the Lamborghini Centenario made its way to the Transformers: The Last Knight premiere where it got the attention of many. Following that event, three Lamborghini Centenario coupes landed...
by - June 26, 2017
The Holy Trinity of hypercars may not be accessible anymore after being discontinued, but that doesn’t mean we won’t see any more hypercars in the future. What we know is...
by - June 26, 2017
Kia is taking things a step further with the new Kia Stinger, which they first introduced at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show. With the specs given to us by the...
by - June 25, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries