Fornasari Racing Buggy breaks cover

Article by Christian Andrei, on August 29, 2010

Clearly defined edges, chrome paint finish and power enhancements are some of the features that will mark the future products of Fornasari. Its latest creation, the Maxi SUV, has been equipped with rough-road abilities that demonstrate the firm's prowess. It comes with two levels of mechanical design with one more accessible but with a little less performance, while the other utilizes the traditional architecture of Fornasari equipped with a tube chassis, overlapped triangle suspension and a motorization from Chevrolet.

The car was designed with daily use and daily conditions in mind. The rest of the technical details remain unchanged with enhanced off-road capabilities and strong on-road performance. The new model comes with a shorter wheelbase and aggressive lines emphasizing the likelihood of a more liberated RR600.

The skeletal structure of the car includes a unique piping chassis made from molybdenum-chrome, a genuine space-frame adapted to a five-seater model. In excess of 450 pipelines go across to provide stiffness and torsion capability with a total weight under 150kg. The triangles of the suspension are equal on the all four sides and their joints are welded similar to that of the F1 racer.

The off-roader is further equipped with desert wheel-tracks, an American wheel-base, a significant ride height, top-of-the-class maximum travel of suspensions, perfect in-out angles, both axles come with power distributors similar to the GT with a load spread of almost 50-50. Smooth driving is accomplished through small rolling and pitching, while power and engine provide smooth ride helping occupants forget they are riding a five-seater.

Energy is channeled to the wheels via a central viscous joint that releases 60 percent to the rear limited-slip differential, and at the same time leaving 40 percent of power to harmonize the differential at the front. Under the hood we find a 7.0-liter V8 engine capable to deliver 610 hp and 748 Nm of torque at 5,100 rpm.

With these numbers, the manufacturer says that the car can hit 100 km/h in just 3.8 seconds while the top speed is limited to 280 km/h! The gearbox lineup consists of a six-speed manual or a four-speed automatic. The car comes with the possibility of a lower number of gears, although it requires a less sportive transmission design. Stopping power is supplied by GM, although there is an option to get Brembo brakes. Tires are 285/55/18 inch up to 305/35/23 wrapped around 18 inch to 23 inch alloy wheels.

Topics: rally car

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Login or Create new account to add a comment!

Recommended

Nissan has announced the pricing for its new commercial pickup line. So for those who have been waiting for Nissan’s official price list (plus a little more info), read on… ...
by - December 5, 2016
Sorry folks, the AMG-fied Mercedes-Benz X-Class will remain in the fantasy world. According to some news, the AMG big boss has finally spoken up about why an AMG X-Class is...
by - December 5, 2016
In Japan, Toyota stays in the limelight by always cooking up something new for its famous 86 sports car. A colour orange Toyota 86 performance edition is one that’s hard...
by - December 4, 2016
Back in 2009, Nissan first introduced the Nissan Leaf, the company’s first all-electric vehicle. LEAF stands for Leading Environmentally-friendly Affordable Family car and this particular EV has been considered as...
by - December 3, 2016
In the minivan segment, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is already impressive in terms of fuel economy figures – as rated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. In fact, the...
by - December 2, 2016
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries