Hyundai to hike Nosovice plant’s output by 20% to cope with i30 demand

Article by Anita Panait, on June 15, 2012

Hyundai plans to increase the output at its Nosovice plant in Czech Republic by 20 percent to 300,000 units this year to cater to the strong demand for its new i30 model line. The plant started building the i30 compact wagon this week. The South Korean company is also planning to boost the production at its Izmit factory Turkey by 100 percent to 200,000 units.

This will effectively set Hyundai’s production capacity in Europe at 500,000 units by the end of 2013. Hyundai’s production and new-car sales success seem to contrast the fate of other volume vehicle makers in Europe like Fiat and Ford, which have been forced to temporarily stop production at sites in the continent to cope with weak demand. Vehicles sales in Europe have been declining steadily since four years ago.

The i30 wagon, unveiled at the 2012 Geneva Auto Show, will account for around 30 percent of the 115,000 i30 variants that Hyundai plans to make in 2012 for Europe. The i30 hatchback version, meanwhile, will account for the other 70 percent of the model line's production.

According to Hyundai, it has already received over 57,000 orders of the new i30 hatchback since it went on sale in March 2012. Data provided by JATO Dynamics show that Hyundai sold 101,328 units of the previous generation i30 in 2011, making the model Hyundai’s best-selling model in Europe ahead of the ix20 and ix35.

Around 70 percent of the vehicles that Hyundai rolls out in Europe are built at its plants in Izmit, Turkey and in Nosovice, Czech Republic. The Nosovice plant is also home to Hyundai’s ix20 small minivan and ix35 compact SUV. Hyundai plans to move production of the next i10 for Europe to Turkey from India by the end of 2013. Hyundai will build the i10 minicar at its joint venture plant with Kibar Holding alongside the i20 subcompact.

South Korean carmaker Hyundai Motors is continuing its product barrage in the United Kingdom in 2012 with the impending arrival of the new Hyundai i30 Wagon. It practically follows the tracks of the new Hyundai i30 Hatchback that was introduced in the country in March.

As Hyundai’s fifth new model in the UK, the i30 Wagon impresses with its stylish design, refinement, efficiency as well as comfort. Not only that, its wagon body style has allowed this version of the i30 to offer more cargo space than the recently launched and likewise practical i30 Hatchback. The ability of the new i30 Wagon to carry more luggage or cargo is thanks to the fact that it is around 185 mm longer than the i30 hatchback version.

In fact, in terms of cargo space, the i30 Wagon offers 150 liters more than the i30 Hatchback when the rear seats are up. But when the rear seats are folded down, the luggage room in the i30 Wagon is around 326 liters more spacious the i30 Hatchback. In fact, the load space of the new Hyundai i30 Wagon is the greatest among its class, and even offers more luggage space than majority of competitors in the C-segment.

Overall, the i30 Wagon delivers 528 liters of cargo space when seats are up and around 1,642 liters of luggage room when the seats are neatly folded down. But, that’s not all as the new Hyundai i30 Wagon also offers several underfloor storage compartments. As for its exterior design, the i30 Wagon features flowing lines inspired by Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture design language.

According to Tony Whitehorn, president and chief executive of Hyundai Motor UK, the new i30 Wagon should help the carmaker grow its presence in the C-segment. He noted that the i30 Wagon is capable of meeting the demands of both retail and fleet customers thanks to its versatility, space and fuel efficient engines.

Topics: hyundai

If you liked the article, share on:



The primary suggestion of a 4x4 ute from French company Peugeot was first revealed in 2016. Fifteen months later, the production version is launched. Now, Peugeot is not shying away...
by - June 24, 2017
The new Jaguar E-Pace crossover will soon hold its official launch on July 13 and is expected to arrive at the showrooms by early next year. It couldn’t have come...
by - June 24, 2017
As prices of the original Shelby Cobra have skyrocketed into astronomical proportions, there are firms like Superformance that serve replicas to consumers who demand the same levels of performance at...
by - June 24, 2017
New and improved 2018 Subaru Legacy comes packed with a number of upgraded features from the get go - from the exterior to the interior. And the company has finally...
by - June 23, 2017
In an interview involving Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali and Automotive News, the topic about the Urus was thoroughly discussed. This super SUV is scheduled to make its debut later this...
by - June 23, 2017

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Subscribe to our newsletter!