Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn expects to see higher sales in this current fiscal year

Article by Christian Andrei, on June 22, 2011

Carlos Ghosn, chief executive officer at Nissan, expects "significantly higher" sales in this current fiscal year, compared to the previous period. The company will be announcing its outlook for the fiscal year ending March 2012 regarding its profits on Thursday. The Japan-based automaker will also disclose its plans to expand its business in Brazil next week, the CEO said during a conference in Tokyo on Wednesday.

However, he did not give specific information regarding the matter. Japanese vehicle manufacturers are continuing to recover from the March 11 disaster in Japan that damaged their plants as well as those of their suppliers.

The disaster resulted to a 60 percent drop in domestic vehicle production in April. Nissan intends to restart full production around the world by October.

According to Ghosn, the recovery was fast and presently, the company is almost reaching its normal production levels in Japan. A Nissan engine plant in Fukushima prefecture was damaged during the disaster and its halted operations were halted until April 17. The situation became worse with the disruptions at suppliers.

Vehicle manufacturers are hiring temporary workers to help cope with back orders as their suppliers are recovering. Toyota Motor Corp. had previously disclosed last Tuesday that it would hire as many as 4,000 workers beginning the middle of July as it prepares to ramp up its operations by October.

On the other hand, Nissan has announced that it has started to hire as many as 200 workers on a temporary basis in order to help increase production.

While Japanese automakers plan to shift Thursday and Friday production to weekends this summer in order to reduce power consumption and to avoid blackouts, Nissan is targeting to add extra days of operation next month in order to recover lost output, the company announced earlier this week.

Topics: nissan, ceo

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Login or Create new account to add a comment!

Recommended

Retired Formula 1 driver Jenson Button has just received his brand new McLaren MSO 675LT Spider. This was confirmed after McLaren Beverly Hills posted a picture on its official Instagram...
by - January 24, 2017
Ford and Toyota have come together in the hopes of standardizing their vehicles’ smartphone integration system. The open-source platform is said to compete with Google Android Auto and Apple CarPlay...
by - January 24, 2017
The race to autonomous driving has been dictated by the need to make the road safer and reduce the incidents of vehicle crashes. Several major carmakers in the world have...
by - January 24, 2017
The Shooting Brake is probably the least rendered body shape in the automotive world. But it’s also the most sought after design among car nuts for its unique, old-fashioned charm....
by - January 23, 2017
Perhaps to make the upcoming Valentine’s day more special, Tinder dating app and Ford UK have cooked up a special blind date for all the single blokes and chicks in...
by - January 23, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries