Rolls-Royce wants to keep its exclusivity, not planning an explosion of new models

Article by Christian A., on March 19, 2013

Rolls-Royce boss Torsten Müller-Ötvös says that since exclusivity is highly valued by its customers, it’s not likely that there will be an explosion of new products after the new Wraith coupé is launched. Priced at about £215,000, the Ghost-based Wraith coupé will start selling this autumn.

However, Müller-Ötvös said that the company would have to give much thought to any plans of expanding the range further.

He said that while the company wants to bring the brand to new direction, they have to be careful with the brand as it has a “century of pedigree.” He explained that the company isn’t included to raise production as there’s no space to expand the plant.

He also mentioned that its customers love their cars’ exclusivity. He mentioned that Rolls-Royce can produce cars that cost £150,000 cars but its cars’ rareness is what makes the company capable of selling cars with a price tag of about £200,000. Because of this principle of exclusivity, the company isn’t eager to just follow every trend.

Müller-Ötvös acknowledged that it’s probable that new products will be launched every two years. He declined to discount the possibility of introducing an SUV to go up against Bentley.

He also made light of rumors that the rising demand for SUVs in markets like China, Russia and Brazil means that the company would definitely build such a car. He said that he won’t absolutely say that it won’t be entering certain segments. He did mention that no customer has asked for an SUV yet.

Topics: rolls-royce

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

We first heard of the fifth generation SEAT Ibiza earlier this year, and last week, the company finally revealed the all-new Ibiza at the international launch in Barcelona. The new...
by - May 22, 2017
The aftermath of the Takata airbag recall still largely resounds in the automotive industry, as big automotive companies like BMW, Mazda, Subaru and Toyota were extensively hit with what is...
by - May 22, 2017
Amid reports that major rival Volkswagen would cease producing 2016 and 2017 model year diesel cars following the wake of the "Dieselgate" scandal, it’s believed that Chevrolet sees its opportunity...
by - May 22, 2017
Honda recently whips out a new feature for the S660 Bruno Leather Edition. Any guesses? Well, it’s going to be an iPhone app that goes by the name Rev Beat....
by - May 22, 2017
And so it goes, Ford is not at all closing its doors to an all-electric F-150 pickup. The American manufacturer initially laid out its plans for an F-150 hybrid earlier...
by - May 22, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries