Rumor: Bentley shooting brake in the works

Article by Christian A., on August 29, 2010

A Bentley two-door wagon is being conceptualized, according to Stuart McCullough, VW Board Member in charge of Bentley. And this isn't the Continental-based Flying Star wagonette that was unveiled at the latest Geneva Motor Show and that was later offered by Italian coachbuilder Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera.

McCullough had a chance to talk to reporters during the launch of its new 2011 Mulsanne flagship when the topic of new models and derivatives of the Continental came up.

McCullough said that the idea of a shooting brake has been tossed around but that it won't be coming to the market just yet.

In addition, McCullough said that this new wagon would go further than the Touring-built concept, and would be a Bentley-made car from conception to assembly.

But let's not expect to see this to enter production anytime soon. The current Continental has almost reached the end of its life span and it's not probable for Bentley to develop, verify, and source materials for a ninth Continental model in time.

What's more likely to happen is that Bentley will use its resources to develop more derivatives of the Mulsanne, such as a convertible and a coupe.

If you liked the article, share on:

Pin It

Comments

Recommended

Reddit user Jdubbswrx spotted a rather deceptive move coming from the German automotive manufacturer Audi. He posted an image of the supposed exhaust of the new 2018 Audi SQ5 sporting...
by - March 29, 2017
McLaren car owners will be thanking the automotive company as it has decided to roll out new goodies for the 540C, 570S and 570GT sports car line-up. From this series...
by - March 29, 2017
On July 11, Audi is set to reveal its flagship luxury sedan, the all new A8. And at this moment, none of us are sure how this model will look....
by - March 29, 2017
The recent Porsche 911 is definitely considered one of the most elite sports car to grace the roads worldwide. The task of producing its successor is challenging enough for the...
by - March 29, 2017
British startup Zenos, which entered bankruptcy administration earlier this year is now back in business. The Norfolk-based sports car manufacturer was bought by a consortium of investors headed by AC...
by - March 29, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries