The Grand Prix of America will take place in 2014, instead of 2013 as originally planned, because of ongoing construction matters on the riverfront street course, according to Formula One and the Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial. This announcement proved right Bernie Ecclestone’s claim last June that the inaugural race won’t happen in 2013. The event was previously said to be scheduled on June 16, 2013. Ecclestone said that he continues to be “totally committed” to the Port Imperial race and its distinctive site and features. The two parties have expressed confidence that the race will push through in 2014. A few of the construction issues are the added time required to develop complex Hudson Riverfront facilities and the problems related to finishing the second pits and paddock garage on the site. Grand Prix of America and Formula One pointed out that major progress has been made as they had prepared for a 2013 race. Reports indicate that a large part of the first garage has been completed while they have put in place other permanent facilities and have hired senior staff along as well as partnered with key vendors.
Gallery: Mercedes AMG Petronas