Porsche delays its entry-level roadster, CEO Matthias Mueller says

Published by Andrew Christian @andrew4wheels Google+ | Monday January 16, 2012

Porsche delays its entry-level roadster, CEO Matthias Mueller says

It appears that Porsche is going to delay its entry-level roadster, according to CEO Matthias Mueller who was recently interviewed by a German magazine. Apparently the reason is that Porsche needs to wait until the next generation of customers arrives in order to see some impressive sales. ''Possibly we need to wait until the next generation of customers before the idea of a small roadster will work for Porsche,'' said Mueller in the business publication Wirtschaftswoche on Sunday.

Yes, we know that Mueller revealed back in February 2011 for Automotive News Europe that the German company will introduce a small mid-engine sports car as a possible successor to the iconic Porsche 550 of the 1950s that will be launched in 2014.

It seems that the Porsche board analyzed the new project and the small car didn’t have too many sustainers.

Still, Porsche will launch the small Cajun SUV in 2013 and this new car s firm’s attempt to broaden the appeal of the luxury brand.

For those who want a small roadster, they have to choose the new 2013 Porsche Boxster which was launched last week showing an improved design, a lighter body and fuel efficient engines. This model is priced at $49,500 in the United States.






2013 Frankfurt Motor Show