2017 Lexus SC preparing its big comeback to fight the Infiniti Q80

Article by Christian A., on October 13, 2014

Back in July 2010, Lexus announced that it will end production of the SC 430 after staying 10 years on the market. According to the latest reports from Japan’s Best Car magazine, the Lexus SC will return and will be inspired by the LF-LC Hybrid Concept, unveiled at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show.

Lexus will introduce the new vehicle somewhere in 2017 and will take on vehicles such as the Mercedes-Benz SL-Class but also on Infiniti’s forthcoming range-topping four-door coupe previewed by the Q80 Inspiration Concept.

The Japanese company owned by Toyota will offer the next-generation SC with a 3.5-liter V6 hybrid powertrain but for those who will want more, Lexus will offer a performance-focused version of the naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 engine that powers the RC-F Coupe.

The hybrid powertrain will deliver at least 500 hp, while the V8-equipped model will arrive with around 480 hp. Company insiders said that the Lexus SC will smash the competition and will offer performance levels comparable with the LFA supercar.

The new SC will be more affordable as it will cost around $150,000, which means it will be cheaper than the Mercedes-Benz SL500.

Topics: lexus

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

What has BMW been up to lately? The company recently announced that they are currently focusing on electrification, and so far, their new architecture will enable “electrification of every model...
by - July 26, 2017
A couple of days ago, Ford came out with their pursuit-rated F-150 Police Responder, and we were quite impressed with what it has to offer. And we are pretty sure...
by - July 26, 2017
Aside from fronting Honda’s annual summer tour, pop rock band OneRepublic was also given an opportunity to customize a 2017 Honda Civic Type R. The car is a one-off and...
by - July 26, 2017
Everyone seems to know that the Alfa Romeo Giulia has been recently experiencing problems. Turns out, the blame goes to Giulia’s software. Reid Bigland, big time executive from Alfa Romeo...
by - July 26, 2017
Romanian automotive media publication cars.ro earlier said that the new Ford Fiesta will no longer be offered in the United States. Robert Stiller, Ford’s vehicle program manager for the B-segment,...
by - July 26, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries