FCA pushes back Ferrari IPO to third quarter of 2015

Article by Christian A., on June 9, 2015

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said that tax issues have caused the delay of a planned initial public offering of 10% of its luxury sports car maker Ferrari. Initially, FCA said that the sale will occur in the first half of 2015 but it now says that it will take place in the third quarter of 2015 and that it definitely won’t happen before October 12.

CEO Sergio Marchionne addressed reporters in Venice last Friday. He cited tax reasons for the delay. He explained that before any additional listing could be done, a full year has to pass from the creation of FCA (which debuted on Oct. 12, 2014 on Wall Street). This listing is included in a plan to spin off Ferrari and for FCA to be able to distribute the remaining stake to shareholders.

In 2009, Fiat acquired management control of Chrysler after it emerged from bankruptcy. The buyout was completed this year. In 2014, all of its businesses were combined as Dutch-registered FCA. It has its financial domicile in the UK with a small headquarters in London. Its traditional operating hubs are located in Turin and Detroit.

In addition, Marchionne said that he will remain as the chief of FCA if he is asked to even after a business plan that will be completed in 2018 and if a consolidation process has started. Marchionne has been vocal about his wish to limit the number of automakers around the globe to help sustain the big investments required to cope with the demands for vehicles that are safer and have lower emissions.

Last month, it was reported that Marchionne sent GM CEO Mary Barra an email to meet and talk about the merging of the two companies. He didn’t deny this report and has stated that he is talking to “everyone” in the industry.

However, he said that his email to GM was “not the same as the others." He referred to the auto business as “difficult,” adding that he is the “only guy with the intellectual honesty” to admit this.

Topics: fca, ferrari, ipo

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

Romanian automotive media publication cars.ro earlier said that the new Ford Fiesta will no longer be offered in the United States. Robert Stiller, Ford’s vehicle program manager for the B-segment,...
by - July 26, 2017
The Nurburgring is the one track that many automakers want to hold a record of, because only the best of the best do. This time, a group of extraordinary passionate...
by - July 25, 2017
Would you like your convertible to be inspired by a yacht? Well, you do not have to imagine it anymore - thanks to the Bentley Continental GT Convertible and Mulliner...
by - July 25, 2017
The 2018 Jaguar E-Pace is the leaping cat’s first venture into the compact SUV segment, and sure enough, it didn’t take long before an artist rendered a wilder version of...
by - July 25, 2017
Good news for Audi EU5 and EU6 diesel car owners in Europe. They can now update their cars to fit six-cylinder or eight-cylinder TDI engines through a retrofit program, and...
by - July 25, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries