Ford Europe still expects smaller loss this year and a breakeven in 2015

Article by Christian A., on April 18, 2014

Ford Motor Co. has reiterated a forecast for a reduced loss in Europe in 2014 and a breakeven in 2015, as the carmaker sees indications of recovery. Vehicles sales in Europe have surged 6.3 percent through February 2014, after dropping to a two-decade low last year. Ford has been capturing share in Europe and in key markets like Germany, COO Mark Fields remarked at the New York Auto Show.

He said that the good news for Ford is that both the market and the carmaker’s performance in the first quarter were growing. Fields said that they are starting to see their turnaround plan be effective.

Field said in a speech officially opening the New York show that Lincoln MKZ mid-size sedan is “starting to resonate” with US consumers, adding that Ford hasn’t changed its recall practices in light of a callback crisis currently being experienced by General Motors over faulty ignition switches.

Fields is considered as the prime candidate to succeed Alan Mulally as Ford’s chief executive. Executive Chairman Bill Ford has said he has been discussing with Mulally on the importance of making a smooth transition to his successor.

Ford said on Bloomberg TV that final act of a “great CEO is having a great transition,” but declined to say if Fields would be the next top honcho at the carmaker. [source: automotive news - sub. required]

Topics: ford, europe, loss

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

Just a month ago, Wolfgang Durheimer, the former president of Bugatti, was removed from the company so he could replace Stephan Winkelmann, former Lamborghini CEO and Audi Sport boss as...
by - September 23, 2017
BMW will be launching a new Competition Package especially for the M5’s 2018 model year. While in Frankfurt, Andy Cook, BMW’s product exec has talked with Motor 1 regarding some...
by - September 22, 2017
BMW’s pure M and M-performance are currently being offered with six- and eight-cylinder turbocharged engines. But while German premium rival Mercedes-Benz offers – through its AMG division – a line...
by - September 22, 2017
In a recent report by Automotive News, we learned that FCA is no longer pursuing its original plans in using Alfa Romeo’s Giorgio architecture on both the Dodge Charger and...
by - September 22, 2017
Volvo Cars is proving that it is serious in its intention to grab a good piece of the global market for premium sports utility vehicles. While its XC60 and the...
by - September 22, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries