MINI boss confirms Coupe and Roadster models will go out of production next year

Article by Christian A., on November 25, 2014

It’s not a secret that the MINI Coupe and Roadster models were not quite popular, so it shouldn’t be a surprise for you folks if we will tell you that the vehicles will go out of production next year. These words came from MINI USA product chief Patrick McKenna, who added that the vehicles ran their life cycle.

Apparently, the vehicles were criticized for having a design which was too similar to the existing MINI models. In addition, the MINI Coupe and Roadster models shared the same platform and engine options with the existing MINI models.

As a result, MINI decided to focus on higher volume models rather than niche products. Although there is nothing official, several sources said that BMW will replace both vehicles with a new model that will look like a stand-alone sports car.

No surprise here, as the company unveiled earlier this year, the MINI Superleggera Vision Concept. The new model is expected to retain the key design features such as the round headlights and the well-known grille, but the rest of the vehicle will be completely new.

MINI will launch the new sports car by the end of 2015 or early 2016.

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

What has BMW been up to lately? The company recently announced that they are currently focusing on electrification, and so far, their new architecture will enable “electrification of every model...
by - July 26, 2017
A couple of days ago, Ford came out with their pursuit-rated F-150 Police Responder, and we were quite impressed with what it has to offer. And we are pretty sure...
by - July 26, 2017
Aside from fronting Honda’s annual summer tour, pop rock band OneRepublic was also given an opportunity to customize a 2017 Honda Civic Type R. The car is a one-off and...
by - July 26, 2017
Everyone seems to know that the Alfa Romeo Giulia has been recently experiencing problems. Turns out, the blame goes to Giulia’s software. Reid Bigland, big time executive from Alfa Romeo...
by - July 26, 2017
Romanian automotive media publication cars.ro earlier said that the new Ford Fiesta will no longer be offered in the United States. Robert Stiller, Ford’s vehicle program manager for the B-segment,...
by - July 26, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries