Rumor: Citroen Survolt and Metropolis will go into production

Article by Christian A., on August 26, 2010

Two of Citroen's recent concepts to production -- the Survolt sports car and the Metropolis upmarket saloon -- will soon go into production. Already, a running prototype has been made for the Survolt project.

Last weekend, it held a demonstration run at the Le Mans Classic race meeting. Its specifications are identical to the concept car, achieving an output of 248bhp and 738lb ft of torque.

A source confirmed that Citroen still wants the Survolt to go into low-volume production and that it is to have a "one-make race series."

On the other hand, the Metropolis will possibly arrive in European showrooms as a range-topping DS model.

Citroen failed in its attempt to enter the European executive saloon market with the current C6, but in an interview with Autocar, PSA design boss Jean-Pierre Ploue said that Citroen will have to persevere.

He said that the company "cannot afford" to allow Audi, Mercedes and BMW enter its supermini territory "without fighting back and pushing into theirs." He admitted that it isn't currently easy to sell large luxury cars in Europe but he believes that "Citroen has a great deal more to bring to the market." 

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

What has BMW been up to lately? The company recently announced that they are currently focusing on electrification, and so far, their new architecture will enable “electrification of every model...
by - July 26, 2017
A couple of days ago, Ford came out with their pursuit-rated F-150 Police Responder, and we were quite impressed with what it has to offer. And we are pretty sure...
by - July 26, 2017
Aside from fronting Honda’s annual summer tour, pop rock band OneRepublic was also given an opportunity to customize a 2017 Honda Civic Type R. The car is a one-off and...
by - July 26, 2017
Everyone seems to know that the Alfa Romeo Giulia has been recently experiencing problems. Turns out, the blame goes to Giulia’s software. Reid Bigland, big time executive from Alfa Romeo...
by - July 26, 2017
Romanian automotive media publication cars.ro earlier said that the new Ford Fiesta will no longer be offered in the United States. Robert Stiller, Ford’s vehicle program manager for the B-segment,...
by - July 26, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries