Saab bids are currently evaluated by bankruptcy administrators

Article by Christian A., on April 12, 2012

The bids for Saab are currently being evaluated by its bankruptcy administrators. A decision will come before summer arrives. The administrators declined to reveal the identities of the bidders. The deadline for offers was last Monday. Aside from Chinese-based automaker Youngman, there are other companies that have expressed interest to purchase Saab’s estate.

Those who have made offers according to the media are India automaker Mahindra & Mahindra and a Japanese-Chinese consortium that hopes to build electric vehicles at Saab. According to bankruptcy administrator Hans Bergqvist, all the bidders aim to resume car production at Saab's plant in Trollhatten, Sweden.

He said that they are assessing the bids so that they can continue with the talks. Bergqvist's law firm Delphi has announced last Tuesday that Saab’s assets amount to 13 billion kronor ($1.9 billion) while it has assets of only 3.6 billion kronor.

He informed Swedish reporters that hopefully, the bidder that will succeed will pay higher than the worth of its assets. Last December, Saab was declared to be bankrupt after former owner Swedish Automobile had implemented rescue efforts but had failed.

Topics: saab, bankruptcy

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

What has BMW been up to lately? The company recently announced that they are currently focusing on electrification, and so far, their new architecture will enable “electrification of every model...
by - July 26, 2017
A couple of days ago, Ford came out with their pursuit-rated F-150 Police Responder, and we were quite impressed with what it has to offer. And we are pretty sure...
by - July 26, 2017
Aside from fronting Honda’s annual summer tour, pop rock band OneRepublic was also given an opportunity to customize a 2017 Honda Civic Type R. The car is a one-off and...
by - July 26, 2017
Everyone seems to know that the Alfa Romeo Giulia has been recently experiencing problems. Turns out, the blame goes to Giulia’s software. Reid Bigland, big time executive from Alfa Romeo...
by - July 26, 2017
Romanian automotive media publication cars.ro earlier said that the new Ford Fiesta will no longer be offered in the United States. Robert Stiller, Ford’s vehicle program manager for the B-segment,...
by - July 26, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries