Youngman still interested in Saab, makes new bid

Article by Christian A., on June 1, 2012

When Chinese companies really want to buy something they struggle to do it! It’s the case of China’s Zhejiang Youngman Lotus Automobile who placed a new bid to buy bankrupt Saab, Bloomberg reported. After several months, the Chinese company didn’t loose its interest and it is now bidding for the Swedish manufacturer against a group led by Japanese investment firm Sun Investment and Hong Kong-based National Modern Energy Holdings.

If you remember, Youngman had wanted to invest in Saab before the carmaker went bankrupt. Back in December, the manufacturer ran out of cash and before this is was bought by Dutch sports-car maker Spyker from GM back in February 2010. For those who don’t know, the reason that the deal with Youngman fell was because GM refused to allow its technology, which underpins Saab cars, to fall into Youngman's hands.

Sun Investment and National Modern Energy Holdings appears to adopt another strategy as the companies formed a company called National Electric Vehicle Sweden with the only purpose of buying Saab's assets, says Autonews. The bad news that the company is currently losing customers as it hasn’t made cars since last year, after an initial production halt in March 2011.

Topics: saab

If you liked the article, share on:

Comments

Recommended

What has BMW been up to lately? The company recently announced that they are currently focusing on electrification, and so far, their new architecture will enable “electrification of every model...
by - July 26, 2017
A couple of days ago, Ford came out with their pursuit-rated F-150 Police Responder, and we were quite impressed with what it has to offer. And we are pretty sure...
by - July 26, 2017
Aside from fronting Honda’s annual summer tour, pop rock band OneRepublic was also given an opportunity to customize a 2017 Honda Civic Type R. The car is a one-off and...
by - July 26, 2017
Everyone seems to know that the Alfa Romeo Giulia has been recently experiencing problems. Turns out, the blame goes to Giulia’s software. Reid Bigland, big time executive from Alfa Romeo...
by - July 26, 2017
Romanian automotive media publication cars.ro earlier said that the new Ford Fiesta will no longer be offered in the United States. Robert Stiller, Ford’s vehicle program manager for the B-segment,...
by - July 26, 2017
Facebook

Youtube Channel

Tip Us
Do you have a tip for us?
Did you film an important event?
Contact us
Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe
Galleries